The Cleveland National Air Show and Discount Drug Mart, in partnership with the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA), will provide the opportunity of a lifetime for a lucky child. The EAA Young Eagles Flight Essay Contest will award one child a Young Eagles Flight with aerobatic legend Sean D. Tucker.
Entrants must be between the ages of 8 and 17 years of age, and must compose an essay between 100 and 300 words based on one of the following themes: “What I imagine my first airplane ride will be like” or “What this flight will mean to me.” The winner will receive one Young Eagles Flight with Sean D. Tucker on Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. in an aircraft at Burke Lakefront Airport, as well as four VIP tickets and one parking pass to the Saturday, September 2, 2017 Cleveland National Air Show. All entries must be received on or before 12:00 p.m. on Monday, August 7, 2017. The winner will be selected from all qualified entries by a Discount Drug Mart/Cleveland National Air Show essay review team and will be notified on or after August 8th. To submit an entry, and for complete contest rules/regulations, please visit www.discount-drugmart.com/young-eagles-contest.
Everyone loves coming to the Air Show and snapping pictures of everything to see on the ground and in the sky! Now is your chance to show us how much fun you have and enter for a chance to win 2 VIP tickets to the 2017 Cleveland National Air Show presented by Discount Drug Mart.
- Post your favorite Air Show photo to your Facebook page using the hashtag #CNASPhotoContest2017. The photo can be from any Cleveland Air Show, any year, and of any aspect of the Air Show on the ground or in the sky.
- Get creative: Share your post with your friends or write a memorable caption in order to receive the most “likes” on your photo.
- The winner will be chosen on July 18 by 10:00 a.m. (EST) and notified by Facebook private message. The lucky submitter will win 2 VIP tickets to the Monday, September 4, 2017 Cleveland National Air Show.
Rules and Regulations:
- All photos submitted to the 2017 CNAS Photo Contest become property of CNAS.
- Photos must be in .jpeg format.
- Winner must “like” the CNAS Facebook page.
- All photos become property of CNAS. CNAS will credit photo on Facebook photo gallery but reserves the right to use photos on the website and other promotional and marketing materials as CNAS determines. CNAS does not provide photo credit except on the Facebook gallery. (Such use is limited to promotional and marketing materials and does NOT include merchandise or any item to be sold.)
- CNAS reserves the right to remove or report any photo submitted to the contest.
- CNAS is not obligated to post any photo. CNAS is not obligated to have a photo posted for any length of time.
- CNAS is not responsible for any use of misuse of photos resulting from the photo being posted with the #CNASPhotoContest2017 hashtag or on CNAS’ Facebook page.
- CNAS is not responsible for validating the origin of photos submitted to CNAS.
- The 2017 CNAS Photo Contest is not affiliated with Facebook.
Bring on the Vapor!
The U.S. Navy’s F/A-18F Super Hornet is an all-weather strike fighter aircraft that performs fighter escort, fleet air defense, force projection, interdiction, and close air support. An upgrade of the F/A-18C/D Hornet, the Super Hornet is 25 percent larger and offers longer range, greater endurance, increased weapon and fuel-carrying ability along with improved survivability and the capacity for future growth.
For more information, click here.
The Cleveland National Air Show was the Gold Recipient of the Pinnacle Award in the Large Civilian Air Show category at the 2016 International Council of Air Shows (ICAS) Convention on December 7th in Las Vegas. The Pinnacle Award is presented to an air show for their innovation, achievement, and professionalism in the air show industry.
The ICAS Convention is the single largest gathering of air show professionals in the world and the awards given at the convention represent the most prestigious in the air show industry. For more information, click here.
Cleveland National Air Show Awarded for Excellence
The Cleveland National Air Show received the coveted 2014 Blue Angels Air Show of the Year Award at the annual International Council of Air Shows (ICAS) convention on December 9th in Las Vegas. The Cleveland National Air Show was considered the best of the 35 Blue Angels performance locations in 2014.
The ICAS Convention is the single largest gathering of air show professionals in the world and the awards given at the convention represent the most prestigious in the air show industry.
Long Time Cleveland Air Show Director Inducted
The International Council of Air Shows inducted Chuck Newcomb, into the Air Show Hall of Fame class of 2014 on December 11th in Las Vegas. Chuck has served as the Executive Director of the Cleveland National Air Show for forty years and distinguished himself as among the very best air show event organizers in the world. Chuck joins more than 50 air show legends including Bob Hoover. To watch the induction video click here.