Air Show fans will witness a rare commemorative Heritage Flight when the F-35A Lightning II, A-10C Thunderbolt II, and WWII P-51 Mustang “Bum Steer” join in the skies over Cleveland.
The Air Force Heritage Flight program presents the evolution of the U.S. Air Force’s air power by flying today’s state-of-the-art fighters in close formation with vintage fighter aircraft. The formation serves as a living memorial to the men and women who have served—or are currently serving—in the U.S. Air Force while supporting U.S. Air Force recruiting and retention efforts. For more information, click here.
Air Show fans will witness an Ohio Air National Guard C-130 Hercules Demonstration which will take off from Burke Lakefront Airport. The plane is being flown by 179th Operations Group / 164th Airlift Squadron in Mansfield, OH. For more information, click here.
Everyone loves coming to the Air Show and snapping pictures of everything to see on the ground and in the sky! Now is your chance to show us how much fun you have and enter for a chance to win 2 VIP tickets to the 2019 Cleveland National Air Show presented by Discount Drug Mart.
- Post your favorite Air Show photo to your Facebook or Instagram page using the hashtag #CNASPhotoContest2019. The photo can be from any Cleveland Air Show, any year, and of any aspect of the Air Show on the ground or in the sky.
- Get creative: Share your post with your friends or write a memorable caption in order to receive the most “likes” on your photo.
- The winner will be chosen on July 22 by 10:00 a.m. (EST) and notified by Facebook or Instagram private message. The lucky submitter will win 2 VIP tickets to the Monday, September 2, 2019 Cleveland National Air Show.
Rules and Regulations:
- All photos submitted to the 2019 CNAS Photo Contest become property of CNAS.
- Photos must be in .jpeg or .png format.
- Winner must “like” the CNAS Facebook or Instagram page.
- All photos become property of CNAS. CNAS will credit photo on Facebook/Instagram photo gallery but reserves the right to use photos on the website and other promotional and marketing materials as CNAS determines. CNAS does not provide photo credit except on the Facebook/Instagram gallery. (Such use is limited to promotional and marketing materials and does NOT include merchandise or any item to be sold.)
- CNAS reserves the right to remove or report any photo submitted to the contest.
- CNAS is not obligated to post any photo. CNAS is not obligated to have a photo posted for any length of time.
- CNAS is not responsible for any use of misuse of photos resulting from the photo being posted with the #CNASPhotoContest2019 hashtag or on CNAS’ Facebook/Instagram page.
- CNAS is not responsible for validating the origin of photos submitted to CNAS.
- The 2019 CNAS Photo Contest is not affiliated with Facebook or Instagram.
Tickets for the 2019 Cleveland National Air Show are on sale now!
Do you want to choose your own Air Show seat, or print your tickets from the convenience of your own home? Our online ticketing system makes it easy to quickly and conveniently order, pay for, and print your Air Show tickets without ever leaving your home.
Thinking about bringing a few friends to the Air Show? Check out the popular Sponsor Box and Barnstormer Club reserved seating, or the NEW Flight Deck Loge area all offering a variety of amenities. Click here to learn more.
The Air Show is a financially self-sufficient nonprofit organization. Ticket sales directly support event production costs for this Cleveland tradition.
Help make something amazing happen!
Would you like to be a part of the Air Show team? Resumes are being accepted for a seasonal Ticketing Manager position. Perfect for sports management/event professionals who are interested in a seasonal opportunity. The position can also be utilized as an internship for college students or recent grads interested in building their resumes. For more information, click here.
U.S. Air Force F-35 Tactical Demonstration to be Featured for the First Time in Cleveland National Air Show History
Cleveland fans…get ready to witness a historical and mind blowing demonstration by the U.S. Air Force F-35A Lightning II.
The F-35A is the U.S. Air Force’s latest fifth-generation fighter with the world’s most powerful fighter jet engine producing 43,000 pounds of thrust, capable of pushing the F-35A into stomach-jolting 9 G turns at speeds approaching 1,200 mph. This never before seen demonstration will include controlled flat spins as well as high-speed passes and vertical climbs.
2019 marks the first year of the F-35A full tactical demonstration and Cleveland is one of only 15 cities to host this incredible demonstration. To learn more and see a sneak peek at the demo click here.
Kim Dell, Executive Director of the Cleveland National Air Show, was recognized at the International Council of Air Shows annual convention in Las Vegas, Nevada as the first recipient of the Women in Air Shows Award. The Air Show Network (ASN) launched a monthly award to recognize women who advance the air show business as a professional career path for women. To celebrate each awardee, ASN will donate $1,000 in her name to the Bob Hoover Academy, founded by Sean D. Tucker. This scholarship will then sponsor a deserving young woman to learn how to fly. For more information, click here.
Thunder Over Michigan and Reno National Championship Air Races join Cleveland as expansion shows
Grunt Style Air Show Majors, the air show industry’s premier tour showcasing a collection of America’s most prestigious air shows, announced the addition of Thunder Over Michigan and Reno National Championship Air Races beginning in 2019.
Created by Red Frog Events in 2018 as the industry’s first unifying brand platform, the mission of Grunt Style Air Show Majors is to celebrate aviation, honor the military, and increase mainstream awareness of aviation events in the air show industry. Thunder Over Michigan and Reno National Championship Air Races join SUN ‘n FUN International Fly-In & Expo, the Bethpage Air Show, the Cleveland National Air Show, and the Commemorative Air Force (CAF) Wings Over Houston Airshow.
By becoming an official tour stop, these aviation events and air shows receive national promotion through a variety of marketing efforts, visibility for their air show at the other participating air shows, and additional mainstream recognition and benefits through partnering with tour creators, Red Frog Events, and title partner, Grunt Style.
For more information, visit the Air Show Majors Tour website.